June 29, 2009

Graduation Coming Up

I have not been blogging for a while now but am hoping to get back to it. Last semester was incredibly busy, not just with classes but with the birth of my beautiful baby girl. She has been such a joy already, and I love watching her learn everything.

Currently I am working on my graduation portfolio. It is a website consisting of all the work I have done over the past 2 years...well, not all of it, but the big things. I wish I would have seen examples of past portfolios sooner and thought about the layout more. As it is, I had one type of layout going and realized that it was not going to work for all that I wanted to do. So I have spent the past month changing it by reorganizing, adding pages, learning new things (or re-learning, like how to add a behavior to make a page pop up). It has been a good experience though, looking over all the projects I have done and everything I have learned. It's been a long journey, and while I am glad that it is coming to a close (more free time!), I am so glad that I have gone through it. It has opened my eyes to so many things. My ultimate goal is to be the best teacher I can be, and I think that this program has helped me learn many things to assist me in my journey towards that goal.

No comments: